cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gabriele Columbro" <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Xerces version problem
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:20:09 GMT
Hi Gary,
can you please provide more details, and in particular which version of Java
you're using.
Java5 for example is shipped with an embedded xerces (see [1] for details),
so these detail really matters. These sort of problems are in fact typical
of conflicting version of XML parsing libraries present in the JVM and/or in
the webapp libraries.
In any case, I would suggest you to give the
ParanoidClassLoader/ParanoidCocoonServlet [2] a try, i.e. setting the
ParanoidServlet as default cocoon servlet in the web.xml, as their purpose
is to reverse the search order for classes, so that it checks the webapp
classloader before it checks its parent, i.e. the container, and the the
bootstrap/extensions, classloaders.

HTH,
Gabriele

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/compatibility.jsp
[2]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/ParanoidCocoonServlet.html

On 11/14/06, Gary Larsen <gary.larsen@envisn.com> wrote:

>  I'm running Cocoon 2.1.7.  eXist was throwing warnings about Xerces and
> Xalan version so I put these jars from eXist in the Tomcat endorsed
> directory:
>
> xalan-2.7.0.jar
> xercesImpl.jar
>
> Everything works until a form is opened when a Xerces exception occurs:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.setUserData(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;Lorg/apache/xerces/dom3/UserDataHandler;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.callFunction(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:764)
>

> What is the best solution to this problem?  Do I need to upgrade to a
> newer version of Cocoon?
>
> Thanks, Gary

Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Consultant at Sourcesense Italy