cocoon-users mailing list archives

From km <kmurm...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Re: Problem with Session under Cocoon 2.1
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:30:46 GMT
Hello

yes I meen multiple session from one client computer.  I know that cocoon handle more session
from different clients. But I meen more session from one IP, one client. With different requests,
with different desing. I know it could sound crazy :)

Did someone done something like this??

Kris

> km wrote:
> > Hello Thanks for your answer. Sorry for my english :) I try to do it
> > with other browsers - one catalog in ie and another in ffox. but it
> > didn't work. I think I rewrite the cocoon session, not only the
> > browser session. Is cocoon able to handle multisession?
>
> Yes, absolutely -- it would be kind of dumb if it didn't handle multiple
> sessions, that would defeat the whole purpose of sessions anyway.
> Actually, Cocoon just uses the HttpSession provided by the servlet
> container (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.) so it's not even Cocoon-specific.  I'm
> assuming that by "multisession" you're talking about multiple
> HttpSessions; I'm not familiar with the term multisession so maybe
> you're talking about something else?

> >> Oooooow, I first did not understand your problem, but I think I do
> >> now. I am not to familiar with the exact working of sessions
> >> (mozilla also works differently the explorer), but I think your
> >> problem is not really a problem in my opinion. If you have a
> >> session open, and you have a new window or a popup, and request to
> >> the same server, I think you just maintain the same session. This
> >> really is common for every framework, because I think it is how a
> >> browser works in combination with tomcat or jetty.  Why would you
> >> want to have different behavior? Probably, not opening another
> >> window, but another *browser* (like, you have explorer session, now
> >> open mozilla), this will create a seperate session, and will behave
> >> according your expectations
> >>

> >> Regards Ard

kmConsulting
Krzysztof Murmylo