cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Eiko Thomas <eiko.tho...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: best practice for configuration
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:44:38 GMT
Hi Mark,
thank you for your comments. Sometimes it's better to know more than one
way ...
I like the idea with the link. Unfortunately I got also some Windows
installations.
To this moment I didn't know the 'PropertiesFileModule'. Maybe I should
better read the related documents ;-) but I will test in my application
right now.

In reason of the missing link mechanism in some operation systems. I
think the context configuration of the webapplication is a good place
for storing all application relevant configurations. From own Components
you can access with 'Context.getInitParameter' and for the sitemaps I
wrote a 'ContextInitParameterModule' (less than 50 lines of code :-))

Best regards
Eiko