cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Java class: compile and load dynamically
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:49:35 GMT
Hi Gabriele,

> first of all, do you actually mean Cocoon 2.1 or 2.2?

'Cause I don't know when Cocoon 2.2 will be finished I'm a coward and
stay with 2.1.9 on the stable side.

> Because in the latter case the trunk already partially support what
> you're
> [..snip...]
> package and to the reloading sample. Or you can get more info here [1]
> and
> here [2] for possible troubles.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep them on my mind.

> On the other hand if you were meaning the 2.1.x branch, actually I don't
> know if the reloading classloader functionality has ever been
> implemented.

If one is working with XSPs there's is automagic compilation and
reloading built in. Maybe, this is a layman's opinion, but this *should*
be possible for "normal" Java files, too.

:-?
Florian