cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: cocoon 3: first step
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:00:09 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Olivier wrote:
>
>>    Hi all
>> Where can I find more information on cocoon 3 / OSGi
>> I've tried http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocoon3/g1/1153.html
>> but all I can obtain is 404 error pages. Is somebody make this work ?
>

> For the time being, Cocoon 3 is "on hold". As the people at the Spring
> project have decided to provide an integration layer for OSGi (see
> http://www.springframework.org/osgi), we decided to wait for the outcome
> of this effort.
>
> Apart from this Cocoon 2.2 (including _real_ blocks, see
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-data/attachments/GT2006Notes/attachments/12-CocoonBlocks.pdf)

> has made good progress and we are close to the release of a second
> milestone (I guess some time in November.). If you don't want to wait,
> checkout trunk and follow the instructions at
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g1/1159.html,
> except that you have to use the SNAPSHOT versions of the archetypes
> instead.

Just as a feedback I had success building a Cocoon 2.2 block doing:

A svn checkout using:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk

Building / installing Cocoon 2.2:
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dallblocks install

And creating a block with the latest block archetype I found
(1.0.0-M4-SNAPSHOT):

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-M3 -DgroupId=com.yourdomain -DartifactId=yourblock

Using Maven version: 2.0.4, java version "1.5.0_06 / 09" on MacOSX / Linux

Great work for the dev team !

Patrick