cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@pobox.com>
Subject Running 2.2 Block and Avalon NoSuchMethodError
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 08:57:14 GMT
Hi,

while running my Cocoon 2.2 block ( mvn jett6:run ) I obtain the
following exception:

(...)
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration;
(...)

Deleting the avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar lib from
${PROJECT}/target/${PROJECT}/WEB-INF/cocoon/lib/avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar

let jetty start running the block without errors.

Now when triggering runtime Spring bean initialisation from a call
flowscript function:
var sendMail = cocoon.getComponent("sendMail");

The following exception is thrown:

Component with 'sendMail' is not defined in this service manager.
(Key='AvalonServiceManager')

This is a Spring bean ! Not an Avalon component ... is this a side
effect of deleting the avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar or a missing
configuration ?

Any hint to follow to solve this issue is welcome.

Patrick