cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Edward S" <sumi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Serializer ?
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:39:08 GMT
hey Ard,

thanks for your reply.

here is wht I wud say. Yes, I dont have a lot of cocoon experience but
understand the difference between a serializer and transformer. I know, a
pipeline need not have a transformer. it can directly have a generator
followed by a serializer.

when I used the startDocument/startElement method, what I wanted to do
was look for a specific XML tag and  when found, get a URL from one of the
attributes in that tag. In that case, the content of the XML that was passed
to the serializer wasnt what was to be used in the serialized output but
rather something processed from the URL that i got in the XML. There cud hv
been any number of such URL's in the XML...and hence i was looking for it in
the startElement method. Let me know, if I did anything incorrect.
So, I am not doing any transformations with the XML...in that case and hence
I felt that the serializer was the correct option.

what I am looking to do now is... get the whole XML content and POST it to a
server and get the response back from them. Shud this be done in a
transformer???
will a transformer work, if the response from the server can actually be a
PDF???

-Ed.