cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.d...@univativ.de>
Subject AW: Antw: AW: cocoon best editor ?
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:18:04 GMT
Hi Martin

Thanks for that great tip :)

Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater
univativ GmbH & Co. KG
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21
fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29
email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de
http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martin Geissler [mailto:M.Geissler@wika.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006 16:30
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Antw: AW: cocoon best editor ?

Hello,

have a look to

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/DebuggingWithViews

to debug  individual Steps of the pipeline.

Regards

Martin

>>> "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.dutz@univativ.de>
Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006 16:02 >>>
Hi K<o> ;)

Well I usually setup my projects as Tomcat Projects (An option I get
from the sysdeo Tomcat Plugin). Here the plugin configures my server.xml
or context-xml to mount my external directory in Tomcat and I can really
easily debug my Java components.

Since Oxygen nicely integrates with Eclipse, it's easy to edit
everything.
Unfortunately it is hard to debug individual Steps of the pipelines, so
I usually insert an <map:serialize type="xml"/> in the desired position
(Was a good day I found out that a serialize doesn't have to be at the
end of a pipeline definition) and save away the result using the browser
"Save As..." function and debug the transformation using oXygens
debugger.

I use no code assist for my sitemaps.

When using Aptana it offers my syntax highlighting in my flowscripts,
unfortunately it doesn't recognize any flowscripts mounted in parallel.
So don't expect it to know your utility-functions and variables in your
utils.js ;)

Hope this helps