cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.d...@univativ.de>
Subject AW: Loading a configuration file from a jar
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:18:44 GMT
Hi Omar

Try using the classloader to load your properties file from the classpath (if you drop it
in the classes directory or another jar-file)

try {
    	is = Configuration.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("config.xml");
} catch (Exception e) {
}

The other way would be to use a relative path. As I recall all relative paths are relative
to the WEB-INF directory of your webapp. (I hope I'm correct with this)

I have used both ways successfully. I wouln't recommend using absolute paths and load resources
entirely outside your application since some Servlet containers might restrict access to those
files and maybe the user, the servlet engine is running under has no access to any files outside.

Regards,
    Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater
univativ GmbH & Co. KG
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21
fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29
email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de
http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf