cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.d...@univativ.de>
Subject AW: cocoon best editor ?
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:02:31 GMT
Hi K<o> ;)

Well I usually setup my projects as Tomcat Projects (An option I get from the sysdeo Tomcat
Plugin). Here the plugin configures my server.xml or context-xml to mount my external directory
in Tomcat and I can really easily debug my Java components.

Since Oxygen nicely integrates with Eclipse, it's easy to edit everything.
Unfortunately it is hard to debug individual Steps of the pipelines, so I usually insert an
<map:serialize type="xml"/> in the desired position (Was a good day I found out that
a serialize doesn't have to be at the end of a pipeline definition) and save away the result
using the browser "Save As..." function and debug the transformation using oXygens debugger.

I use no code assist for my sitemaps.

When using Aptana it offers my syntax highlighting in my flowscripts, unfortunately it doesn't
recognize any flowscripts mounted in parallel. So don't expect it to know your utility-functions
and variables in your utils.js ;)

Hope this helps

Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater
univativ GmbH & Co. KG
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21
fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29
email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de
http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf