cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: InvalidContinuationException / Apache 2 / mod_proxy
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:07:20 GMT

> Hello,
>
> We have the same problem with Apache 1.3.28...
> How we can change the expiration time for continuations?

look for "ttl" in configuration

> Like you, the problem does not occur in the develop-environment
> (eclipse/tomcat).
>
> We are using Cocoon 2.1.4. (production requirement).
> After a big number of InvalidContinuationException and broken
> pipe events,
> cocoon flow scripts are frozen but we can continue to use Cocoon pages
> without flowscript...

Hmmm, perhaps I am being to simplistic here, but you are bot running the apps behind a proxy,
right? That is the big difference with running locally. The url for the continuation parts
typically shouldn't be cached in mod_cache. So, could it be, that for example the fisrt request
gets to cocoon, and cocoon for example return a form with a continuation id. This page is
cached within mod_proxy for x minutes. The first user fills in the form and submits it. Right,
the continuation can be cleared by cocoon. The second request comes in for the form, mod_cache
delivers the cached page because it was still valid, but gives the page with a continuation
that is closed already!

Might this be the situation? In case of yes, come to the cocoon gt next year, then you would
have learned it all :-)

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2006Notes
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-data/attachments/GT2006Notes/attachments/10-caching.pdf

Regards Ard