cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Perez" <hak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot get JSPReader/JSPGenerator to work
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 15:14:33 GMT
> I can't help but ask. Why do you want to use JSPs?  At best, Cocoon
> tolerates them. At worst, they simply don't work. IMO there are much
> better templating approaches around.

Hi Ralph,

I'm trying to enrich an existing JSP-based project, mostly by enabling
custom jsp tags to extract XML data from cocoon sitemap patterns
(cocoon being just great for every XML needs), but I do not want to
have the project depend on cocoon itself : to be fair, we already went
with jxtemplates/flow/actions/generators/xsl for a previous publishing
platform, and the overall complexity and learning curve is just too
high for new coworkers. Not everyone has enough time nor resources to
jump into cocoon and its myriad of components to "get the work done"
(tm) under deadlines, whereas JSP is a well known and documented
technology. This is not a rant, I'm fully aware of cocoon potential -
our biggest customer platform is entirely cocoon/spring based - but
it's just too difficult to master it (lack of docs,  extensive relying
on mailing lists and googling, etc.).

laurent

--
- Mobile world, technology and more</a>