cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Erik Bruchez <e...@bruchez.org>
Subject Re: XProc?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:47:27 GMT
The question was asked by Sylvain in the dev list back in December 2005,
when the working group was being formed, and the unanimous response from
Cocoon developers was quite dismissive:

   http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?t=113596529900005&r=1&w=3

As a participating member of the XML Processing Model Working Group (I
wrote the W3C XPL Submission for Orbeon [1][2]) at W3C, I can't imagine
something more puzzling. On the other hand, this sounds like a typical
instance of the NIH (Not Invented Here) syndrome.

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/xpl/
[2] http://www.orbeon.com/

Jeroen Reijn wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> this seems very interesting! I guess this does have to go to the developers list though.
> I did not find any reference or participation on the Developers list yet, so I don't
think the Cocoon community is participating yet.
> I personally think that the cocoon community should participate in the XML Processing
Model Working Group, since they have a LOT of experience with XML processing and pipeline
orders.

> Regards,
>
> Reijn

"to specify the order, parameters, and expected results of transformations in a standard way",
is this something that is likely to make its way into Cocoon?