cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: difference betn configuration and parameters
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:00:15 GMT
On 12.10.2006 20:52, Sumedh Shirodkar wrote:
> thanks Ard.
>
> well.. the use-request-parameters was just an example.
> actually, I am writing a reader and I dont want to hardcode a value. So,
> thot of passing it from sitemap.
>
> So, where in the sitemap shud I be putting this value and where in the
> reader code shud I be reading it?

It heavily depends on the component lifecycle and the scope of this
parameter you want to pass. Is it valid during the whole lifecycle of
the component (use one of the Avalon interfaces like Configurable or
Parameterizable and read the value in the methods to be implemented) or
can it be different on every request (read the value from the Parameter
object in setup())? Is a default value useful? And so on ...

Jörg