cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Serving up XHTML?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:05:47 GMT
Thanks, Jörg

Brilliant - there _was_ a <!DOCTYPE> declaration, and removing it
has got things going.

Derek

Derek Hohls <DHohls <at> csir.co.za> writes:

> That works fine .. but now Cocoon is adding in other attributes:
>
> eg.
> <script type="text/javascript">
> becomes
> <script type="text/javascript" xml:space="preserve">
>
> And this is causing script errors  - how do I switch this effect off?

Do you have a doctype declaration in your source document? DTDs have something
like default attributes which the above might result from.

Unfortunately, I can not rule out it is the serializer adding those attributes.

All this "producing XHTML which must not conform to XHTML" is really awkward -
but I know it's necessary for IE.

Jörg

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice