cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Pipeline result in a flowscript?
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:41:00 GMT
It seems we HAVE to break a fly on the wheel*. I solved it now this way
(good for a tiny amount of data):

    var baos = new Packages.java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();
    cocoon.processPipelineTo("getMyTinyData",null,baos);
    form.getChild("id").setValue(baos.toString());

In the sitemap:

    <map:match pattern="getMyTinyData">
        <map:generate src="getMyTinyData.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="sql">
            <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="test"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:serialize type="text"/>
    </map:match>

with getMyTinyData.xml containing the SQL query.

Big disadvantage of this solution: There's the risk of corrupting
non-Latin1-coded text ! Any ideas to that?

Ciao,
Florian

____
* In German it's "shooting with canons on sparrows". Poor sparrows...