cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Edwards <tedwa...@civica.com.au>
Subject Re: Pipeline result in a flowscript?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:50:16 GMT
Two flowscript calls should do it:

	var pipelineUtil = cocoon.createObject(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.PipelineUtil);
	var document = pipelineUtil.processToDOM("webHierarchyLink", null);

First line sets up the magic, the second line gets the result of the "webHierarchyLink" matcher
in the sitemap as a dom
document which can be further processed etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tony (Edwards)

Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 10.10.2006 17:49, Dev at weitling wrote:
>
>> What's the best way to get the result of a pipeline for further
>> processing in a flowscript?
>
>> cocoon.processPipelineTo looks a little bit like overkill with its bean
>> and stream parameters.
>
> There is a class called PipelineUtil. Sample code should also be
> available "somewhere" (wiki etc.).
>
>> Or: Effectively I just want to get one value from a JDBC connection.
>> Just one lonely integer...
>
> As Tony said (hey, Tony, you are back to Cocoon? :) ), put it in
> a "service layer". If you do not have structured your application into
> different layers you can just extract the code into a Java class. You
> simply access any Java class in flowscript.
>
> At least using a different pipeline looks like complete overkill (not
> only cocoon.processPipelineTo).
>
> Jörg

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with
any attachments, is confidential to the intended recipient(s)
and the contents may be legally privileged or contain
proprietary and private information. It is intended solely
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute
this email. If received in error, please notify the sender
and delete the message from your system immediately. Any
views or opinions expressed in this email and any files
transmitted with it are those of the author only and may
not necessarily reflect the views of Civica and do not create
any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever. Unless
otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not
be concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that
neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email
and the attachments (if any). All email received and sent by
Civica may be monitored to protect the business interests of
Civica.