cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <Andre.Juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: Hibernate+Flow+Cocoon?
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:17:22 GMT
Joseph,

you could have a look at:

http://www.hibernate.org/42.html (especially
http://www.hibernate.org/42.html#A11)

http://www.hibernate.org/43.html

The SessionFactory is created only once in an interceptor
(http://www.hibernate.org/43.html#A3) where also the transaction is
started and committed. I do not use flow to create the SessionFactory.
To access the session, I depend on the repository pattern where the
current session is obtained from the SessionFactory.

Hope this helps,
Andre

Joseph Toman wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had advice or opinions on
> using Hibernate+Flow+Cocoon? I'm writing a small test
> application to understand the issues involved, and I'm
> not quite clear where the SessionFactory should be created.
> According to the Hibernate documentation it's a relatively expensive
> operation, so I don't want to do it each time the flowscript runs.
> Ideas, or things that have worked for you would be greatly appreciated.
>
> 						J. Toman

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi