cocoon-users mailing list archives

From es <es....@javanet.info>
Subject handling burden of multiple firefox request
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:52:04 GMT
Hello to all,
in short:
I have a ConcurrentModificationException caused by the fact that (only)
firefox send out from 2 to 5 request for the same image (generated)
file. I've said only since I tested it in konqueror and Opera and both
send out only 1 request as httptracer
(http://simile.mit.edu/dist/httptracer) shows out in the log (stripped
down for readability) I've put here
(http://alpha.javanet.info/pub/crossection-firefox.httptrace look also
for opera trace).
I tried setting the ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline but I had no change
in the result headers. I placed in the same alpha.javanet.info/pub/ dir
the sitemap snipet I'm using and the action used to generate the image.
How do you guys deal with this? It's the cache approach the right one?
I wasn't able to find much around in ml or docs about this
ExpiresCaching or this specific problem...

Some background info:
The pipeline that generate the simple image I whant to serve is made
with java2D taking some data out of OpenOffice spreadsheet using the UNO
API. This requires time (1/2 sec) and happens through an action (impl.
ThreadSafe) that pass a FileSource OutputStream to a dispatcher that is
responsible to interact with the backend and generate the image writing
out a file being <map:read src="{uri}" mime-type="image/png"/> at the end.
I know this isn't the best approach and would be nice to not having to
write out the file at all and just send to the request OutputStream. How
should I do it? Anyway the file should be cacheable isn't it?

If I can't find a solution using ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline I
should probably check SourceValidity before going on in the action, right?

let me know if you need more background info and thanks in advance.
ciao
Eli