cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: 2 Cocoon's One JVM
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:26:27 GMT
On 9/7/06, Doug Herold <dougcherold@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...We are having performance issues and I am telling them that
> it is probably because we are so far behind in cocoon versions...

Unless you have a specific reason (i.e. measurements) to believe this,
I'm not sure that moving to a newer version of Cocoon will solve your
performance problems.

IMHO, inefficient code (The difference between a well-written and a
crappy XSLT transform, for example, is often a factor of 10 or more)
or suboptimal configurations might be much more likely.

Anyway, if moving to a newer release makes you app faster, please let
us know, it might give interesting insight.

-Bertrand