cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Sessions
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 06:40:45 GMT
>From: Jason Johnston <cocoon@lojjic.net>
>To: users@cocoon.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Accessing Sessions
>Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:15:27 -0600
>
>Bardo Nelgen wrote:
>>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>how can I obtain a list of
>>
>>a) the current session-id of the current context (hopefully named that
>>right...)
>>b) all currently active sessions
>>
>>from Cocoon via
>>
>>1. FlowScript
>>2. inside a generator
>>3. inside an action
>>

>I can answer for a) ... I'm not sure if b) is possible but hopefully others
>will chime in.

Well, HttpSessionContext contains a getIds() method, but that's been
deprecated since servlet 2.1.  Also, I don't think Cocoon's own Session
interface contains a getSessionContext() method anyway.
I guess the more up to date method would be to create a HttpSessionListener
that tracks the IDs being created/destroyed and lets you query the current
list.  You could then call that from the Cocoon components as required
(you'll need the list & query method to be static, and watch out for
threading issues).

Andrew.