cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Re: Re: Re: [FIX] I18nTransformer [CACHING PIPELINE]
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:01:20 GMT

> Hi everybody,
>
> It does work now! Everything I need in the cache is there! I
> looked again
> at the samples, straight cut and paste from logger to the
> smallest detail
> . I also went back to the notation{../locale} instead of
> {session-attr:locale}.

great Yves

> I can say Hourra! I am now planning on integrating a
> webservice and rss
> feeds.

There have been quite some posts on this list how to handle rss correct and efficiently. Bertrand
and I had some solutions, don't fetch them over http every time you need them: it will slow
down your app, and can make it un-responsive when the rss is down. Use dron-job, or scheduled
wgets, or something. Look for rss on http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2
and you can find hints.

In the end, an rss generator suiting all desires would be best, perhaps I have time some day...

> Maybe  a little bit of cforms will be added for user
> comments(htmlarea+cforms+sendmailaction).
>
> Thanks everybody. You've bee a real help to me. If approved
> by the manager
> Cocoon will be the core of our infrastructure which relies on lots of
> XML+XSLT+XLINK+XINCLUDE. I hope I will be able to add our new site to
> Cocoon live sites.

Great news Yves

Ard