cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Geert Josten" <geert.jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject RE: cocoon serializer
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:05:59 GMT
Dear Zsombor,

I advice to register yourself on the cocoon users mailing list. That way
you will not depend on my availability and access many others with
experience simultaniously. I included the list in the CC. (I think you
need to register to be allowed to submit messages to it.)

Anyhow, I might have an answer for you. I have tried adapting the
SourceWritingTransformer to act as a Serializer, but encountered the
same problem as you. As far as I recall you cannot parametrize a
serializer after it is created and initialized. (Please correct me if I
am wrong, anyone!) Moreover, the way serializers work is quite a lot
more difficult than Transformers. When calling pipes internally,
serializers are circumvented and that is most likely not what you want.
It was certainly not what I wanted! :-P

Instead, I wrote a simple Transformer to do the job of saving to a file.
It happens to be that I published it on the Cocoon wiki just this
morning. :-) You can find it at:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SaveFilesTransformer

That page also explains how to use it.

Kind regards,
Geert

Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel.: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl
KvK 27164984

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen,
verzoeken wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.