cocoon-users mailing list archives

From jantje <janvanop...@skynet.be>
Subject xsp produces a form template
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:18:19 GMT

Hi,

I have a form definition (of a cocoon form).
I also have an xsp -file, which generates a form template:
     <map:match pattern="generate/*.xsp">
       <map:generate src="{1}.xsp" type='serverpages'/>
       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
     </map:match>
     <map:match pattern="*.display">
       <map:generate type="jx" src="cocoon:/generate/{1}.xsp"
label="content1">

OK! very nice from cocoon :-)

An example from the FORM DEFINITION:
    <fd:field id="identificaton" required="true">
      <fd:label>Identification:</fd:label>
      <fd:datatype base="string"/>
      <fd:selection-list>
        <fd:item value="Jan"/>
        <fd:item value="Karel"/>
        <fd:item value="Geoffrey"/>
        <fd:item value="Administrator"/>
        <!--Hier zorgen dat een cookie of zo kan onthouden wie je bent-->
      </fd:selection-list>
    </fd:field>

An example from the FORM TEMPLATE, which the XSP generates:
    <ft:widget id="identificaton"/>

Ok, and here is the problem:
  Can I define the "selection-list" in the FORM TEMPLATE (thus in the xsp)?
  It would be very nice, because in the xsp I can search a database and find
the names I want in my "selection-list"

If you think this is not possible, than maybe this would be a solution:
I ALSO generate the form definition.. .. .. BUT only the flow script uses
the form definition:
  var identificationForm = new Form("formDefinition/identification.xml");
So, does someone know how I can generate the form definition? (only if you
think it is not possible to define the "selection-list" in my xsp)

.. .. ..
thank you for your time and effort,

Jan from Belgium :-)