cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Cforms do not save after binding.
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:35:35 GMT
Kamal Bhatt wrote:
> Hi
> I have a CForm that binds to a java object. If there are no validation
> errors (ie the continuation is not called) then the form saves
> correctly. However, if there was a validation error, you fix the error
> and you try and save again, the form does not bind correctly
> (form.save fails). Instead, it returns null.
>
> What is the likely cause of this?
>
> Due to the sheer amount of source code associated with this stuff, I
> will provide source on request. No point in adding a truck load of
> code for no reason.
>
> Cheers.

OK, worked out what was failing, now, I need to understand why.

On my form.showForm, I would pass in some work data. When I removed this
data, it stopped being a problem. It was being spit out on the form as a
hidden input, but it wasn't really being used. I thought you could pass
variables into showForm. If that is the case, what is wrong with what I did?

--
Kamal Bhatt