cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: fd:multivaluefield -> direct the content of the two fields!!!
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:22:08 GMT
jantje wrote:
> Query the database from my flowscript? I have an object oriented database
> (db4o.com).. is it also possible to query this database in flowscript? do
> you know where to find information about this.. and how can I f.i. do this
> in flowscript: "import com.db4o.*"
>
> Can someone tell me how to do this in flowscript?

If you can do it in Java you can do it in flowscript (though the syntax
usually isn't quite as nice).  The reason is that flowscript uses the
Rhino JavaScript engine, which allows you to script Java.  See
http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/ScriptingJava.html for details.

Personally I prefer to write this sort of heavy-lifting model/DAO code
in pure Java, and then just make simple method calls from the flowscript
to my Java classes.  Some people prefer to do it all in flowscript
though, because of the quick try/fail/reload cycle.