cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: [FIX] I18nTransformer [CACHING PIPELINE]
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 02:13:09 GMT
Yves Zoundi wrote:
> THE PROBLEM
>    My problem was that I am using a session to track the user locale and a
> caching pipeline. I am using the LocaleAction to intercept the locale
> value via the module session-attr :

I don't know if you've seen it, but the Cocoon samples for i18n seem to
do exactly what you're talking about: store the locale in the session
and feed that locale to the i18n transformer, in a caching pipeline.

Here's the samples URL:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/i18n/

And here's the sitemap they use:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/i18n/sitemap.xmap

Try out the i18n samples, switching between locales in the left-hand
menu, noticing that the displayed text changes appropriately.  Then go
to the system status page:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/i18n/sitemap.xmap
and notice that there are cache keys that contain something like:

   _T-i18n-translations?de_AT_EURO
   _T-i18n-translations?es_ES_
   _T-i18n-translations?en_US_
   etc...

This shows that the contents for each language are cached individually
as they should be.

It sounds to me like you're seeing a symptom of something else unrelated
to the I18nTransformer's caching key.  Check out how the i18n samples
are put together and see what you're doing different that may be messing
things up.

--Jason