cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: XSLT table formatting problem
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:03:43 GMT
On 9/6/2006 7:35 PM, Tony Edwards wrote:
> Try this:
> <xsl:for-each select="data/rows/row">
> You're already at the /page element when you call the for-each so it
> can't find a /page child.
> (I don't know why it would work in XML-Spy, maybe its more lenient??)
>
> See how you go.
>
> Regards
> Tony

Tony, "/page" does not try to select a child element. Any XPath
expression starting with "/" starts from the root node.
So this expression should work, regardless of what XSLT processor you
use, and regardless of the context node.
> Manuel Ottaviano wrote:
>> *Hello cocoon users , I've a problem with a trasformation of an XML
>> file.
>> This  is the XML file, generated by a pipeline process:*
>>
>> <page xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
>> xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1" >
>> <program>program</program>
>>    <data>
>>     <product>Hearth Failure Management</product>
>>     <error_code>200</error_code>
>>     <command>List of Patient</command>
>>     <rows>
>>         <row>
>>             <status>Alert!</status>
>>             <surname>Rodriguez</surname>
>>             <name>Manuel</name>
>>             <chn>1234556789</chn>
>>             <age>60</age>
>>             <gender>F</gender>
>>             <lastSeen>lastSeen</lastSeen>
>>             <patientID>1563</patientID>
>>         </row>
>>         <row>
>>           .... [much more data....]
>>         </row>
>>
>>     </rows>
>> </data>
>>
>> </page>
>>
>> *I've created a test stylesheet to generate a table , like the
>> following:*
>>
>> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>>
>> <xsl:template match="/page">
>>     <h2>List of Patient</h2>
>>       <th align="left">Status</th>
>>       <th align="left">Surname</th>
>>         <xsl:for-each select="/page/data/rows/row">
>>     </xsl:for-each>
>> </xsl:template>
>>
>> </xsl:stylesheet>
>>
>> *If  I test with a browser or with XML-spy  I obtain a table, but if
>> I insert the stylesheet inside the pipeline, as a transformer  it
>> doesn't work....... only can be seen  the table header....
>>
>> *<html>
>> <h2>List of Patient</h2>
>> <th align="left">Status</th>
>> <th align="left">Surname</th>
>> *
>>

>> *I'm a bit lost....
>>
>> ANY suggestion??
>>
>> thanks very much.
>>
>> manuel ottaviano
>> *
That is strange... looks right to me.
I tried it in the Oxygen debugger and it produced a table with multiple
rows.

I would double-check that the input to the stylesheet is really what you
think it is...

Lars