cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Warrell" <warr...@iquo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Crawling over web pages with cocoon (Running a pipeline per page)
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:01:45 GMT
Hi Nils,

Have you looked at the LinkStatusGenerator? You could probably modify it to
generate XML representation of your target content.

That's where I would look and if that isn't suitable think about wrapping
some simple Java Spider as a custom Transformer.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Warrell

-----Original Message-----
From: Nils Kaiser [mailto:NilsKaiser@gmx.net]
Sent: 04 September 2006 11:13
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Crawling over web pages with cocoon (Running a pipeline per page)

Hello,

I have a usecase where I need to crawl over a web page to migrate
content to another system. As I have used some of the components needed
for the migration with cocoon already, it would be great if I could use
the pipeline again. So the question is, how do I crawl the page
automatically - or if not possible, what is the best way to achieve a
similar behavior?

Has anyone used cocoon for something similar and can share its experiences?

Thx,

Nils