cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Widget Tree and dynamic page updating with Ajax
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:30:54 GMT

On Aug 8, 2006, at 5:17 AM, nackey wrote:

> I have a widget tree and if I select a node I would like that
> a part of the web page will be updated (e.g. with ajax)
>
> If I select another node, also a part of the web page should be dynamic
> updated and the part, which I updated with the previous node, should
> not disappear.
>
> My aim is that I would like to decide which information will be
> displayed.
>
> E.g. I have a tree of employee with the nodes: name, first name,
> street,
> zip, city etc.
> Now I select the nodes first name and city and I would like to see
> these
> information.

That doesn't sound like the kind of thing to use Ajax for... why is an
update required if you are just doing a little show/hide thing?  The
amount of information you're talking about is small, so... might it not
be better to just send it all and handle all of this interaction
client-side?  Or maybe I misunderstood?

—ml—