cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Re: Flow concurrency (was Re: Action Vs Logicsheet)
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:32:20 GMT
Hi Torsten,

I admit that it's been awhile since I've looked into JavaFlow, but I was
under the impression that it suffered from the same concurrency issues.

Are  you say that that's not the case?

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

             "Torsten Curdt"
             <tcurdt@apache.or
             g>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  users@cocoon.apache.org,
             tcurdt@gmail.com          rgoers@apache.org
                                                                        cc

             08/02/2006 04:47                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: Re: Flow concurrency (was Re:
                                       Action Vs Logicsheet)

             Please respond to
             users@cocoon.apac
                  he.org

> > Not sure if that's really such a big thing (how many concurrent
> > requests to the flow engine do you expect a user to make. Quick
> > fingers! ;-)
> Think "Cocoon Portal".

Still! ...except for the first load and all portlets creating the
first continuation (if they do) the user still has use the portlets
concurrently. If the flow is nothing enormously long running it should
be alright. If not - well then there might be an issue. But it's not
as if hundreds of users are getting blocked. Do you experienced any
problems with it like that?

...but why am I going into details here - use javaflow ;-)

cheers
--
Torsten

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,