cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Action Vs Logicsheet
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:46:11 GMT
You're saying that flow calls in concurrently received requests within
a session are processed serially, not in parallel threads?  Is that
right?

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, yes.

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

             Mark Lundquist
             <ml@wrinkledog.co
                                       users@cocoon.apache.org
             08/01/2006 04:31                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Action Vs Logicsheet
             Please respond to
             users@cocoon.apac
                  he.org

Hi Ian,

On Aug 1, 2006, at 12:59 PM, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com wrote:

> Having personally experienced it, I can answer pretty confidently that
> it
> is indeed true, at least in the configuration I was using (sidebar and
> main
> content each within its own frame).

You're saying that flow calls in concurrently received requests within
a session are processed serially, not in parallel threads?  Is that
right?

> As far as the why's, I had the need for both the sidebar and the main
> page
> to be generated dynamically, and at the time CForms + FlowScript was
> promoted as the One True Way(TM) to generate content dynamically within
> Cocoon..

Well certainly, XSLT has always been used to generate dynamic content...

best regards,
—ml—

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,