cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Field-Richards <h...@megan.demon.co.uk>
Subject Cocoon written in PHP
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:27:42 GMT

Hi

Thought I would post on this group about a Cocoon system that I have
done using PHP5 and see if anyone is interested. I know that there
have been one or two enquiries on the news groups and some other
offerings do exist, such as Krysalis and Papoon. However I did not
think another would be too unwelcome.

Paloose is a simplified version of Cocoon using PHP5. It resulted
from scratching a long standing personal itch: that there are very
few ISPs who will support Java/Tomcat for web sites, other than as a
very expensive "professional" addition. Almost all will support PHP5
(sorry, Paloose does not use PHP4) and so I decided to write my own
version of a simple, cut-down Cocoon in PHP5, having used Cocoon for
several years professionally before I retired.

I would much prefer to use Cocoon but the ISP expense was a problem,
so Paloose was born. I use it on two sites that I maintain (as well,
obviously, as the Paloose site).

Try http://www.paloose.org/

Hugh Field-Richards

www.hopvine-music.com