cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Converting string to array in jxtemplategenerator
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:01:09 GMT
Hello Alberto,

> I need to convert a string (words delimited with commas) in something
> that "jx:forEach" can iterates.
> I found a nice example in documentation
> (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html).
>
> <jx:macro name="forTokens">
>   <jx:parameter name="var"/>
>   <jx:parameter name="items"/>
>   <jx:parameter name="delims"/>
>   <jx:forEach var="${var}"
>          items="${java.util.StringTokenizer(items, delims)}">
>     <jx:evalBody/>
>   </jx:forEach>
> </jx:macro>
>
> <forTokens var="letter" items="a,b,c,d,e,f,g" delims=",">
>   letter = ${letter} <br/>
> </forTokens>

I also have had this problem. See this thread http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113835963721689&w=2
about your problem. It used to work, but not in cocoon-2.1.8 in this way anymore. I am not
sure about other versions: which one do you use?

Anyway, I solved it by going through flow. Are you familiar with flow? Do the java.util.StringTokenizer
part in flow, and pass the variable from flow to your jxtemplate. Then you can use the jx:forEach
on this object.

Regards Ard