cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: action to action redirect
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:17:09 GMT

> I have the following sitemap construct:
>
>             <map:match pattern="index.htm*">
>                 <map:act type="ActionA">
>                     <map:redirect-to uri="{nextPage}" />
>                 </map:act>
>             </map:match>
>
>             <!-- redirect resolver action -->
>             <map:match pattern="redirectResolver.htm*">
>                 <map:act type="ActionB">
>                      <map:redirect-to uri="{nextPage}" />
>                 </map:act>
>             </map:match>
>
> where ActionA might redirect to ActionB and Action B might again
> redirect to ActionA.
> My problem is, that the redirects always stop after the first
> redirect
> (I get a white screen, and the second redirect is always ignored...)

Hello,probably your {nextyPage} does not contain the cocoon:// or cocoon:/ protocol. When
you just use a url without the cocoon protocol, you will get a browser-redirect to {nextPage},
which probably gives you the empty page. Try cocoon:/ or // todo a redirect without using
the browser (redirect-to via the browser is quickly a bad option, because normally, you will
have something like httpd with mod_cache or squid running in front of cocoon. Then, for example,
the site runs in http://www.mysite.com, and cocoon listens for example to http://mysite.localhost:8888.
Now, a redirect-to with cocoon redirects the browser to http://mysite.localhost:8888/foo/bar.
Obviously, this is behavior you don't want).

Ard