cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Weird Javascript error in continuations
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:07:33 GMT
</snip>

> Continuations are for managing flow, not keeping full state
> because it
> would consume too much resources. In 99% you do not need variables to
> have values bound to a specific continuation. Still you have
> an option
> to do so:
>
> var pageLocal = cocoon.createPageLocal();
> pageLocal.a = 1;
>
> a PageLocal will have different values for different continuations.
> Please mind resource implications for that approach.

Hello Leszek,

I never used (saw :-) ) this createPageLocal untill now, and looked at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html,
but I don't really get this one. You don't need a sendPageAndWait using this one? Otherwise,
the sendPageAndWait would hold the normal continuation, right? I  don't see what I gain with
createPageLocal if I still need a sendPageAndWait which creates a continuation. Could you
explain a little more, because I am very curious,

Regards Ard

http://www.mobilebox.pl