cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Flow concurrency (was Re: Action Vs Logicsheet)
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:52:17 GMT
> Hi Torsten,
>
> I admit that it's been awhile since I've looked into JavaFlow, but I was
> under the impression that it suffered from the same concurrency issues.
>
> Are  you say that that's not the case?

I am pretty sure it should be ok as external state is only held inside
a context object. There is no synchronization required and the state
of the internal resume/record status is (of course) held in a
non-static way.

The only issue I am aware of are sub-request though the cocoon
protocol as they use the same thread. Basically if you call a pipeline
and then inside the flow again call out to anther pipeline that also
uses flow ...which would be a bit awkward anyway ;-)

...but it could well be this has changed during development in jakarta
commons. We still have 2-3 things to fix - but that javaflow version
is already *much* better than the one in 2.1

HTH
--
Torsten