cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: png not appearing in SVG file
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:47:56 GMT
Hi Lincoln,

On Aug 9, 2006, at 10:55 PM, Lincoln wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to generate an SVG file that contains a link to an
> external pgn
> file. eg:
> ---
> <image width="16" height="16" xlink:href="x.png"></image>
> ---
>
> I can create an external link to a jpg image but not a png.

Why can't you embed an external PNG?  I guess you mean that when you
do, the embedded image doesn't display?  From below it sounds like the
external PNG itself is to be served by Cocoon as well (i.e., it's local
to the site):

> I added...
>
> <map:match pattern="**.png">
>   <map:read mime-type="image/png" src="{1}.png"/>
> </map:match>

If you just request x.png by itself in a browser, what do you see?
Nothing, error message, ....?

> But could not find a serializer that was just png only svg2png.

What would a "just png" serializer do?  Serializers are for converting
SAX to... whatever.

Cheers,
—ml—