cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: CForm Definition and CForm Template issue
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:55:34 GMT
Omar Adobati wrote:
> Good Morning, here is a snippet of code I'm trying to use:
>
> == form definition ==
>
>    <fd:group id="name">
>      <fd:field id="firstname" required="true">
>        <fd:label>Nome</fd:label>
>        <fd:help>First name of the sender of the message</fd:help>
>        <fd:datatype base="string"/>
>        <fd:validation>
>          <fd:length min="2"/>
>        </fd:validation>
>      </fd:field>
>
>      <fd:field id="lastname" required="true">
>        <fd:label>Cognome</fd:label>
>        <fd:help>Last name of the sender of the message</fd:help>
>        <fd:datatype base="string"/>
>        <fd:validation>
>          <fd:length min="2"/>
>        </fd:validation>
>       </fd:field>
>    </fd:group>
>
> == form template ==
>
>    <ft:form-template action="#{$continuation/id}.continue" method="POST">
>      <fi:group>
>        <fi:styling layout="columns"/>
>        <fi:items>
>          <ft:widget id="firstname"/>
>          <ft:widget id="lastname"/>
>        </fi:items>
>      </fi:group>
>      <input type="submit"/>
>    </ft:form-template>

The nested structure of the "ft:" elements has to match that of the
"fd:" elements.  So you need the two ft:widget elements to be wrapped
by an <ft:group id="name">...</ft:group>.

Note that the ft:group element is currently just a marker for conveying
the form structure, and doesn't produce any output of its own.  So
you'll still need the fi:group to be there, though it may look redundant
at first glance.

  <ft:form-template action="#{$continuation/id}.continue" method="POST">
    <ft:group id="name">
      <fi:group>
        <fi:styling layout="columns"/>
        <fi:items>