cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Accessing value of contextPath
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:19:38 GMT
On 8/25/2006 2:16 PM, Schultz, Gary - COMM wrote:
> I running Cocoon 2.1.8.
>
> I'm building a custom 404 page in Cocoon. What I want is for the error
> page to display the Request URI to the user. At the moment I can only
> access the value of the contextPath when it is used as the value of
> the href attribute in a link <a> element. Whenever I try to access the
> contextPath in any other way I get nothing.
>
> Here is code that works, I get the request URI from the contextPath:

> The following does not work, I would get an empty p element:

> So I just have a general question, Can the contextPath value be used
> in any way other than the href attribute, and if so, how?
>
> Gary T. Schultz
> IT Administrator
> Wisconsin Dept. of Commerce
> 608-266-1283
> gschultz@commerce.state.wi.us
That's strange. Any variable, regardless of where its value came from,
should be just as accessible via <xsl:value-of select="$contextPath"/>
as via href="{$contextPath}".
Can you show us more of your stylesheet? Presumably you're getting the
context path from the request input module in the sitemap and passing it
in to the stylesheet as a parameter?

You might also try switching XSLT processors (e.g. from Xalan to Saxon)
and see if you get an illuminating error message or if the problem goes
away.

Lars