cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [poll] Java 5 as minimum requirement for Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:47:18 GMT
Marc Driftmeyer napisaƂ(a):
> If Banking Institutions are the reason then we should fork the tree to
> have two branches ala Firefox.
>
> One that targets legacy systems and the other for moving the system
> forward.

There are already two branches! One "2.1.x" and another "trunk". When we
C2.2 is out, then we have three branches: 2.1.x, 2.2.x, trunk. Trunk
would be used as line for 2.3/3.0 development, there would go stuff like
OSGi. 2.1.x branch would be maintain only for critical bugs and fixes
but it is what should banking institutions expect. Now, being stuck with
Java 1.4 they do not expect it to support annotations in the future. Why
they should not go for the same when it comes to Cocoon?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski