cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Cocoon is a "bleeding-edge"?! ( WAS Re: [poll] Java 5 as minimum requirement for Cocoon 2.2)
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:13:34 GMT
Quote: "I use cocoon because I like bleeding-edge technologies"

Surely Cocoon is an incredibly stable, mainstream application by now -
in the same ball-park as Struts et al.

After all, its been around about 7 years!

"Ruby on rails"... now *that* might be "bleeding-edge"!

>>> Johannes Textor <jc.textor@gmx.de> 2006/08/16 09:04 PM >>>

+1

This comes from my user perspective, since I don't normally depend on
large entities to host my applications, but can rather set up my own
servers and install the software I need. In fact, I think that
entities
with a more conservative migration strategy would not typically use
cocoon to develop their applications - but maybe I'm wrong.

I use cocoon because I like bleeding-edge technologies when I see
clear
benefits in them. Interestingly, I haven't made the switch to Java 5
for
programming tasks yet .. in fact, if cocoon requires J5 in the future,
this might be a reason to finally upgrade my java versions :)

Cheers,
Johannes

> The question now is whether making Java 5 the minimum requirement is
> hurdle for people who plan to migrate or not.
>
> Your opinion is appreciated!

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions