cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Portal / Roles
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:45:07 GMT
Carsten's answer was incorrect.  The default authentication manager is
now the GroupBasedProfileManager. This first looks at the user, then the
group and then the global definition. Roles aren't used at all here.
Unfortunately, authenticate.xsl doesn't copy the group so in actuality
you only can have a user and a global profile.

To get role based layouts you need to use the
AuthenticationProfileManager.  Just find GroupBasedProfileManager and
replace it with AuthenticationProfileManager in cocoon.xconf.  However,
even then the order is user, role, global - not role, user, global.

Ralph

z-cool@web.de wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Carsten,
>
> the role based approach doesn't work in my case. The following configuration doesn't
work:
> copletinstancedata/portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml
>                   /portal-user-anonymous.xml
>                   /portal.xml
>
> layout/portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml
>       /portal-user-anonymous.xml
>       /portal.xml
> The global profile is always loaded. The configuration with "portal-user-USER_NAME.xml"
instead of "portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml" works as expected. The user with the according role
is defined in "sunrise-user.xml".