cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing AJAX forms field values
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:33:13 GMT
Christofer Dutz napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on an cforms ajax application. Here when
> entering an address, the user enters the country code of an address
> (the content is provided by a suggestion-list and this works fine)
>
> If he then starts entering the zip code only the zip codes for that
> particular country should be shown. My first try was to access the
> form model and get the other fields values. Unfortunately the model
> isn’t updated until the form is really submitted.

Have you considered changing method from pulling criteria to pushing it?
I mean it should be country field's responsibility to inform about it's
actual value. You can use onValueChanged event to set attribute of zip
code field.

> My next attempt was to extend the CFormsSuggest.js in the forms-jar.
> Strangely I seem to be unable to access any other form fields, even if
> I try to access them using the ids I found using the IE Dom Developer
> Toolbar and by this definitively exist.

I think it not a good practice to change JS client libraries just for
special case. CForms are server side and we should focus on this :)

Hope this helps, if not, just ask more question.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski