cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Access to XML bean elements in flowscript/javaflow
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:10:29 GMT

On Aug 7, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> That's what I meant: if the bean is a dom -->
> bean.getElementsByTagName("foo")
>
> and I wrote that my former "bean.lookupWidget" should be replaced by
> "form.lookupWidget"

Ah, I get it... you weren't answering his question of how to access
something in 'bean' (whatever that is :), rather you were suggesting
the alternative of querying the form widget value itself (from which
the bean property should have been set by the binding save()).  Is that
right?

That would have the disadvantage that the form widget.value is a
String, whereas the bound object property will have been converted by
some Converter to its proper datatype.

Anyway another poster said that the OP's binding was wack, so maybe
that will turn out to be his problem.

peace,
—ml—