cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Action Vs Logicsheet
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:01:05 GMT

On Aug 1, 2006, at 10:21 AM, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com wrote:

> Ok, let's assume a typical layout (header, footer, sidebar, main
> content).

ah, OK, that kind of component... :-)

> Under normal circumstances (i.e., no control flow), each of these
> components would start loading at more or less the same time and at any
> given time all of the components would be at least partially loaded
> (and
> thereby usable).

With you so far...

> If we instead use control flow to load these components,
> the header would load first.  Once the header is completely loaded,
> then
> the sidebar would start loading.  Then the main page, and finally the
> footer.

Huh?  No way, I don't think that is true!!

cheers,
—ml—

P.S.  Also, I'm having trouble envisioning a design where these layout
elements (header, sideabar, etc.) map to discrete requests... unless
you were using frames/iframes?  And even if it were so, why would there
be a need to involve some flow/action/XSP business  in the handling of
each one of these?