cocoon-users mailing list archives

From z-c...@web.de
Subject Re: Re: Cocoon Portal / Roles
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:19:41 GMT
Thanks for your reply Carsten,

the role based approach doesn't work in my case. The following configuration doesn't work:
copletinstancedata/portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml
                  /portal-user-anonymous.xml
                  /portal.xml

layout/portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml
      /portal-user-anonymous.xml
      /portal.xml
The global profile is always loaded. The configuration with "portal-user-USER_NAME.xml" instead
of "portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml" works as expected. The user with the according role is defined
in "sunrise-user.xml".
Authentication actions in the sitemap are from "org.apache.cocoon.auth.acting.*".

Regards,

Wadim

-- Carsten Ziegeler wrote :
Wadim Kruse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same issue, as in:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115319517009528&w=2
>
> Does the role based view work in the new portal block ? (Cocoon
> 2.1.10-dev, OS: Ubuntu 6.06, Java: 1.5.0_06 ) If so, how ?
> If I define copletdata, copletinstancedata and layout per user,
> it works.

The role based approach "should" work :) However, the approach might be
a little different than you expect: *if* the user has an own profil this
one is used and *only if* the user does not have an own profil, the
profil of the user's role is used (and if that one is not present, the
global one is used). So there is no merging between profiles yet.

HTH
Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/