cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Cocoon Man" <cocoon...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it worth setting "reuse-parsers" to 'true'
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:01:41 GMT
Hello Cocoon gurus,

Looking at the *cocoon.xconf* file, I noticed that it is possible to "reuse
XML parsers".

I'm working on a session-less service where each request processes a brand
new XML stream (which may contain several namespaces but no external
entities).
So, do you think I can gain some performance (less memory, better response
time) by setting this attribute to "true" ?

It is not clear though what the term "reuse parser" means here knowing that
I can already use the pool of components by setting *pool-max* to an
appropriate value :
<xml-parser class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser" pool-max="100"
...>
So, since my *JaxpParser* is already a pooled component, what is the change
introduced by setting <parameter name="reuse-parsers" value="true"/> ?

Regards,