cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Cocoon Man" <cocoon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is use-store needed when using XSLTC ?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:05:29 GMT
You're probably right. I may use the caching mechanism provided by Cocoon.

But this does not really answer all my questions:
XSP are not cached by default. All right, but what if I ask the same
question with XSL :
*what is not clear for me is the relation there is between the fact that
an XSL is a Poolable component (which means there is a pool of XSPs stored
somewhere by Cocoon) and the fact that XSL are stored by Transient-store. *
*I don't understand why I have to set some pool-max parameter for the
<map:generator name="serverpages"> component and some maxobjects for the
transient-store which handles previously loaded generators.*
* *
*Imagine I have a first request where some XSL is compiled and used to
generate Page A.*
*Now, imagine the same page A is requested again : will Cocoon load the
previously generated XSL from the transient-store or from the pool of XSPs ?
*

Regards,