cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Cocoon Man" <cocoon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is use-store needed when using XSLTC ?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:22:57 GMT
I'm working on a multi-publishing system for mobile devices. The same page
will be published differently according to the User-Agent. Therefore, it's
nearly useless to use caching in these conditions, especially if those pages
are updated frequently.

Actually, what is not clear for me is the relation there is between the fact
that an XSP is a Poolable component (which means there is a pool of XSPs
stored somewhere by Cocoon) and the fact that XSP are stored by
Transient-store.
I don't understand why I have to set some *pool-max* parameter for the
<map:generator
name="serverpages"> component and some *maxobjects* for the
transient-storewhich handles previously loaded generators.

Imagine I have a first request where some XSP is compiled and used to
generate Page A.
Now, imagine the same page A is requested again : will Cocoon load the
previously generated XSP from the transient-store or from the pool of XSPs ?

Regards,